Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday update

My dad is doing okay today. His shunt is functioning properly. He followed commands for his doctors this morning (squeezed hands and wiggled toes). The infection in his lungs is slowly starting to improve. Hopefully in a few days he'll be able to breathe on his own. Otherwise he will have a tracheostomy sometime this week. If the breathing tube is left down his throat for too long it may cause damage to his vocal cords.
Sally is there with him until Monday morning. I (Mary) am at home sick with something I picked up at the hospital (probably the flu). Alex is going back to work for at least a couple days but then will probably return to Seattle later in the week. Kevin and I plan to return to Seattle for the weekend (as long as I'm doing better- there's no point in driving back to Seattle if I'm too sick to visit my dad).
Anyway, I think that things are starting to look up for my dad. Your thoughts and prayers and very appreciated. I will update again tomorrow when after I talk with my Uncle Wayne. :)

No comments: