Tuesday, March 25, 2008

he passed the test :)

He passed the breathing test from this morning. He breathed on his own for 45 minutes before the breathing machine was turned back on (which is an improvement from yesterday's 20 minutes). His eyes are still wide open but he is not responding with hand or foot movement. Earlier I asked him to squeeze my hand if he wanted a foot massage and he squeezed very tightly. The nurse said that it was just a reflex.. but, I disagree. J'Ali and I have been holding his hands for long enough to know that he hasn't been randomly sqeezing. He also squeezed when I asked him if he wanted to wear his glasses. The neurosurgeons are talking about putting a shunt in his head later this week. He is still running a fever which could be why he isn't very responsive right now. I'll post another update when I know more.

1 comment:

terry grimshaw said...

great news. slow progress is progress